Workplace Buildings and Office Interiors
- 600 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC: This new 442,605 sf speculative office building designed by CORE Architecture & Design achieved LEED-CS Platinum-level status in February 2017. The 10-story building also provides ground-level retail including a fitness center and three levels of parking below. Enhanced commissioning and energy efficiency were key contributors to this building reaching Platinum.
- Thomas O’Neil, Jr. Federal Office Building, Washington, DC: This 550,000 sf renovation by Boggs & Partners Architects is an adpative reuse of an existing FDA laboratory building to provide office space for the Architect of the Capitol and the Department of Health and Human Services. This project exceeded the initial LEED goal of Silver to achieve Platinum-level certification in February 2014.
- Edificio Celebra, Montevideo, Uruguay: This revolutionary new building designed by Carlos Ott Architects provides space for offices, international banks, and insurance agencies. Equipped with the latest technology, it provides 360 views, maximizing daylight and enhancing indoor environmental quality. SDC led the project through achievement of LEED-CS Gold certification in June 2015.
- Barbara Johns Office Building, Richmond, VA: This 184,191 sf renovation by Commonwealth Architects provided interior demolition, historic renovation, and restoration of the Richmond Hotel to become Virginia State Government’s 9th Street Office Building. The project achived LEED Gold-level certification in September 2016.
- Greencourt Innovation Center, Rockville, MD: This 130,000 sf addition and renovation by McInturff Architects provides core and shell office space as well as a fitness center, lobby, conference center, and courtyard. SDC worked directly with the building owner for this project and help the space achieve LEED-CS Gold-level certification in August 2017.
- HDR Regional Office, Arlington, VA: When HDR decided to consolidate their DC-area offices, they wanted a green and healthy environment for their own staff and visitors. SDC provided advisory services for this 24,440 sf fit-out on two levels, which included an interconnecting stair both for visual impact and to encourage physical activity. The project achieved LEED-CI Platinum-level certification in January 2017.
- SDC Regional Office, Washington, DC: When SDC moved into its new Washington office, we wanted a green and healthy workplace for ourselves too. Combining existing materials and furniture reuse, low- VOC and recycled-content new finishes, operable windows, and energy efficient systems, our office achieved LEED-CI Silver certification in 2018 and ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition in 2021.
As we spend more than 90% of our days indoors, much of which occurs in our workplaces, we realize the human health, well-being, and productivity benefits of interior environments that are both high-quality and resource-efficient. Since its inception, SDC has provided green building consulting for millions of square feet of office space. This includes base buildings that will be leased out to tenants (LEED-CS), interiors work within an existing building (LEED-CI), and whole-building new construction or major renovations (LEED-NC), as well as continuing operations (LEED-O+M) and operational energy performance (ENERGY STAR).