- Maryland Department of Public Health at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD: This new 250,000 sf public health lab designed by HDR will provide state-of-the-art laboratory facilities to support today's most cutting-edge corporations and institutions. Sustainable strategies include innovative building orientation and a vegetated roof. The project is targeting LEED-NC Silver certification.
- Boulders Medical Office Building, Chesterfield, VA: LEED-CS Certified-level process management for a new 70,000 sf medical office building that combines the offices of leading orthopaedic specialists in sports, hand, knee and hip, spine, and pediatrics, as well as sports medicine and outpatient surgery into one technologically innovative building. This project achieved LEED-CS certification in September 2012.
- Centra Lynchburg Medical Center, Lynchburg, VA: SDC provided LEED process management for this new two-story 46,000 sf medical office building designed by Price Studios and dedicated to the Internal Medicine and Physical Medicine practices affiliated with the nearby hospital. The project was completed in June 2015 and achieved LEED-NC Silver-level certification in September 2016.
- DePaul Medical Plaza, Norfolk VA: LEED-CS process management for a new four-story, 104,252 sf medical office building on the Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center campus. Designed by Odell Associates, it includes two linear accelerator vaults for cancer treatment, prioritizes indoor environmental quality and achieved LEED Silver-level certification in October 2015.
- Dennis Avenue Health Center, Silver Spring, MD: This new two-story facility designed by the Grimm + Parker / Wilmot Sanz joint venture will provide space for immunizations, disease control, emergency preparedness, and dental services for the County's most vulnerable residents. SDC is providing LEED-NC Silver-level process management for this project, which is expected to be complete by July 2015.
- MedImmune, Inc. P95 Area 6 Lab Building, Gaithersburg, MD: SDC provided LEED-NC Gold-level process management for the new 308,000 sf nine-story reinforced concrete building designed by Kling Stubbins, a Jacobs Company. This building, the sixth of ten master-planned buildings on the company's 17-acre campus, achieved LEED-NC Gold certification in April 2012.
- Western State Hospital, Staunton, VA: This new 354,508 sf replacement facility for the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services designed by Cannon Design in association with Ballou Justice Upton Architects includes patient rooms, a patient services "mall", and administrative functions. Completed in 2013, it is targeting LEED-NC Silver-level certification.
Healthcare is a fast-growing market for many industries, and the building industry is not exempt from this growth. As the demand for healthcare services steadily increases, so does the demand for space in which to provide these services. SDC has provided green building consulting for numerous healthcare facilities, including hospitals, laboratories, medical office buildings, clinics and residential care facilities. In addition to providing LEED process management and consulting, SDC is also conversant in healthcare-specific green building rating systems such as Green Guide for Health Care (GGHC).