October 1, 2012
Sustainable Design Consulting, LLC (SDC) is proud to announce our Ten Year Anniversary!
To all who have supported us along the way, we would like to offer a very sincere and heartfelt "Thank You".
To commemorate our Ten Year Anniversary, in lieu of a grand celebration, we have made donations to:
SDC was founded in 2002 by Sandra Leibowitz, AIA, LEED Fellow, an early leader in the arena of sustainable design.
With a track record of more than 400 projects, SDC offers a broad perspective and services to support the development of a more sustainably built environment where we live, work, and learn.
In SDC's 10 year history, the firm has:
- Provided green building solutions for 46.7Msf of building space (14.8Msf for offices alone)
- Enabled 118 buildings and 4 neighborhoods to achieve LEED or other green building rating system certification
- Won 30 awards, 27 project-specific and 3 company-wide
- Developed numerous green building guidance documents and programs, both as part of a larger project and as stand-alone endeavors
- Participated in dozens of advocacy and community service activities
- Delivered green building presentations and trainings to thousands of professionals
SDC has grown to a team of 24 members with offices in Richmond, Virginia and Washington, DC. We are design, construction, facilities, environmental, and business professionals sharing a deep-rooted passion for the practice of sustainability.
Our firm has emerged as a recognized leader in bringing clients innovative solutions that foster a more sustainable future by focusing on the health and welfare of people and the planet as well as profitability for owners.
Our process is grounded in the concept of integration, where, for maximum benefit, clients and collaborators work together in every building design aspect and at each project phase to create buildings and spaces that embrace specialized technologies, new processes, and innovative ideas. We specialize in commercial scale sustainable building design, construction, operations, and maintenance.
... and The Future
Buildings are some of our longest lasting human creations. It is now more vitally important than ever that we build with care and consideration. This is especially true since, according to the UN, virtually all of the world's population growth between 2000-2030 is expected to be concentrated in the urban areas of the world.
All of us at SDC look forward to these challenges and to working with you to ensure a better world for future generations.
"Sooner or later, we sit down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson